We’re on the lookout for a Sales Manager to ensure that the UK’s pubs, bars and shops are taking snacking seriously.
Our mission is to satisfy the most discerning of tastes with innovative, interesting and most importantly tasty snacks. Like all good ideas, it all started down the pub with two mates trying to decide what the perfect snack would be to accompany their pint of beer and glass of red wine. After eating the pub’s entire snack selection, they decided they could do better and the next day Serious Pig was born. Since then a lot has changed! We’ve created a range of 13 premium snacks, taken over three railway arches in sunny Peckham, attended numerous beer festivals, gone through an extremely successful crowdfunding raise and grown the team.
Although 2020 so far has presented its challenges, we’re still growing and are looking for the right Sales Manager to help keep us on that path and up the nation’s snacking game. Could it be you?
We’re looking for a self-motivated, intuitive and hungry Sales Manager able to grow sales in both the on-trade and off-trade. The right person will feel just as comfortable talking to a pub manager, as they will a large distributor, and understand how to build sales by building strong relationships with both new and existing customers.
Some key responsibilities will be:
• Achieve sales targets by successfully managing the day-to-day tasks on existing accounts as well as generating and following up on new leads.
• Design and construct a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures strong brand presence.
• Build a strong relationship with customers, so that you understand their business and their needs.
• Keep up to date with developments in the craft beer and premium food sectors and be familiar with competitor activity.
• Make sure incoming orders are processed accurately, meeting the expectations of the customer, that payment has been received for non-account customers and the order has been correctly recorded on the CRM system.
• Work with the Operations Team to manage deliveries effectively and follow up on any issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Keep customers up to date with events, new product development, sales tips etc. via newsletters and phone calls.
• Attend area meetings, staff training and run customer sampling sessions with trade customers where beneficial to sales growth.
• Plan and attend trade and consumer events, within specified budget as agreed with your line manager, to increase brand awareness and gain new custom.
• Deliver regular progress reports by email and in management meetings.
THE RIGHT PERSON
Whatever your background, we value personality, drive and a can-do attitude above anything. Somebody who can live and breathe the brand values and genuinely wants Serious Pig to become the UK’s ‘go to’ brand for snacks.
Some qualities we’d love to see are…
• The confidence to engage with people, be it on the phone or face-to-face, to establish their needs, understand their business and to build lasting commercial relationships.
• Self-starter with a good ability to prioritise.
• Patience and resilience – not someone who takes rejection personally.
• Open to learning and listening, with the confidence to share your own ideas.
• A good understanding of the hospitality business with a genuine interest in craft beer, spirits, wines and a real foodie.
• Passion, initiative and enthusiasm in bucket loads.
As well as getting to work with us lovely lot…
• Competitive base salary based on experience.
• A motivating monthly commission based on new accounts and growing existing accounts.
• 28 days annual leave increasing with service.
• A short, guided tour of Peckham’s best bars and restaurants – seriously!
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org